Apple Makes Moves in Podcast Industry
Apple is showing a renewed focus on podcasts. Bloomberg recently reported the tech giant has been engaging in talks to ensure certain shows are exclusive to Apple Podcasts, the company’s podcast listening app.
The company has always played a neutral role in podcasting, essentially allowing anyone to upload their podcast’s RSS feed into Apple’s app and distribute it through the platform.
Whilst Apple Podcasts curates lists and highlights recommended shows, these were never Apple-funded.
If what Bloomberg reports is true (Apple declined to comment), the tech company would be in a position to market and suggest its own shows over its partners’ programs. Watch this space!
- August 2019
- 30 Jul 2019 BBC Sounds App Flops 30 Jul 2019
- 25 Jul 2019 Will we ever have a 'Netflix for podcasts'? 25 Jul 2019
- 23 Jul 2019 Podcast Activism & Social Change 23 Jul 2019
- 21 Jul 2019 Apple Makes Moves in Podcast Industry 21 Jul 2019
- 16 Jul 2019 Apple Announces iTunes Closure 16 Jul 2019
- 15 Jul 2019 China Crackdown on Podcasts 15 Jul 2019